Many of you are new customers to the custom/ made-to-order market. Before my professional education, I too had no idea how to order custom designer clothing. Here is a list of Q&A’s that should help you to better understand the market, as well as how you can wear and style custom designer clothing.
- Why are made-to-order/ custom order pieces more expensive? Easy. They are made on demand. The designer builds or grades a pattern specifically to your measurements. Love, D.Jenee’ not only does this, but all print designs used are original and are ordered specifically for you.
- What if I have problems with the fit? We offer (1) free alteration, this includes shipping.
- Where will I wear these pieces? Love, D.Jenee’ has something for everyone. All of the pieces can be mixed and matched. These fun, fashion forward pieces are able to be worn on many occasions. The dresses can be worn casually or formally. The pants can be worn casually, formally or leisurely (athletics/performance). There are so many ways to wear Love,D. Jenee’ collection pieces because they were designed with “on-the-go” individuals in mind. What’s even better, is that these pieces are all works of art and bring meaning to simple materials.
- Where does your inspiration come from? My inspiration comes from the afro-futuristic movement. This movement is so colorful and inclusive. It reminds me of love, love doesn’t leave anyone out. Love is service. Women are a central part of the movement aka “femme the future.” Most of my greatest influences of love have been black women, and women in general have always been the backbone of the community.
- How do I approach you to make an original piece? Have a budget! Please, have a budget. It is so hard to generalize a price for people who don’t have one. It is extremely hard to source materials with no budget. Which stifles creativity. Have an idea in mind. Tagging me in your pintrest boards is the best way, if we aren’t meeting for a personal consultation. DISCLAIMER: No, I will not be recreating a (inserted designer) piece for you. It’s a form of plagiarism and also a spit in the face to me. It is also a tell-tell sign of someone who wants something that looks designer made for a cheaper price. There is a reason it was so expensive guys. I CAN take a photo you send and draw inspiration from it. This is my career, not a side hobby. If you’ve done this, don’t feel bad, just do better. Contact the e-mail address at the footer of the page or the “Contact me” page of this website.
Ask me more! Love, D. Jenee’ is consistently growing and changing, and it is all because of your feedback. Thank you!